St James' Primary School
Jamestown, South Australia
At the invitation of SMFA, TMK were engaged in the preparation of Feasible Study, Design Documentation and the Construction Assistance Phase for St James' School, Jamestown. TMK provided Building Services consisting of Electrical Services, Mechanical Services, Fire Services & Hydraulic Services with compliance to the current Australian Standards and Catholic Education Standards.
Catholic Education SA approached Stallard Meek - Flightpath Architects (SMFA) to develop a master plan for St James Primary School’s premises. Stage one has now been completed. This comprised of the partial demolition of the main building, the verandah, the outdated amenities, temporary transportable units, and existing storage areas to make room for the new build. This first stage sought to improve the school’s immediate needs and provide the necessary spaces to fit in the increasing number of enrolments.
- The Mechanical Services consisted of providing efficient design for air-conditioning, outside air systems and ducted exhaust systems.
- The Electrical Services consisted of Authorities Negotiations and Liaison, Low voltage system design, Artificial lighting including smart control, Communication, MATV distribution system, Access control system and PA systems.
- The Hydraulic Services consisted of Authorities Negotiations and Liaison, water, sewer and energy-efficient hot water design.
- The Fire Services component consisted of assessment and modification to the existing fire system.
- The ESD design component includes high-efficiency air conditioning systems, energy-efficient smart lighting systems and hot water systems.
Images courtesy of SMFA.