St Mary MacKillop School
Wallaroo, South Australia
At the invitation of Stallard Meek - Flightpath Architects, TMK were engaged in the preparation of Feasible Study, Design Documentation and the Construction Assistance Phase for the proposed middle school at St Mary MacKillop in Wallaroo. TMK provided Building Services consisting of Electrical Services, Mechanical Services, Fire Services & Hydraulic Services with compliance to the current Australian Standards and Catholic Education Standards as further detailed below.
The above photos were taken and provided by Sam Dougherty.
- The Mechanical Services consisted of providing efficient design for air-conditioning, outside air systems, fume cupboards, ducted exhaust systems and intelligent automated smart controls.
- The Electrical Services consisted of Authorities Negotiations and Liaison, Low voltage system design, Artificial lighting including smart control, Communication, MATV distribution system, Access control system and PA systems.
- The Hydraulic Services consisted of Authorities Negotiations and Liaison, water, sewer and energy efficient hot water design.
- The Fire Services component consisted of Authorities Negotiations and Liaison, assessment and modification to the existing fire system.
- The ESD design component include high-efficiency air conditioning system, energy efficient smart lighting systems and hot water systems.
- Referring to the above images, you'll notice:
- The Four Rings - The interior design was well thought out, with the clever combination of circular pendant lights paired with circular furniture in the high-ceiling study area. These elegant lights work together to inspire creativity, with the large windows bringing in natural light whilst adding warm hues of light above their workspace.
- The Mighty Timber - the beautiful timber designed beams above the central working stations add texture and a point of interest to the white-walled high ceilings. These secretly-practical beams were actually designed to provide a safe working environment, hosting retractable power, lighting and the projector so that outlets are out of reach whilst also providing for a clean open space.